I Found You - Lisa Jewell

Before I Met You - Lisa Jewell

This is my second book written by Lisa Jewell. I liked “The Girls in the Garden” very much and I was very keen to read another book from her. I like her writing style. Her books are easy to read and well-constructed.

“I Found You” is a character driven book. The story is broken up into three different POV and the story begins to unfold slowly. There are some twists and you can see that the stories are overlapping and connected. The story is really complex but the excellent written characters give life to the whole thing.

This book is not really a thriller. There is suspense, a lot. I really wanted to know what happened and how it was all connected. There is a lot of background to the characters, a lot of talking and it took some time until you can see where all this is heading to. The pace was a bit slow but it was far from boring. It was quite the contrary.

Lisa Jewell managed somehow to make this tragic story an easy and enjoyable read. It is almost a “Cosy Crime”. I you don’t like very drastic thrillers and are in no need for a lot of cliffhangers you will find this to be the right book for you. I enjoyed reading it and finished it in only 2 sittings.

I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review