Tattletale - Sarah J. Naughton

Tattletale - Sarah J. Naughton

This book is a clever psychological thriller. The story has many layers and kind of twists. I especially liked the characters. Mags is not a very nice character but she is also very lifelike. She and her brother Abe had a tough childhood. This made her move out at a very young age. She never talked to her parents again and with Abe she only exchanged small note for Christmas. But it comes as a huge shock to her when she gets a call from London. Her brother obviously tried to kill himself and is in a coma. She is his contact person. So she flies to London and moves into Abe’s flat. But very soon she got that feeling that Abe was not depressed at all and did not want to die. She begins to distrust what people tell her about Abe. Mags wants to find out what really happened that night.

As I said the story is very well plotted. But somehow the book did not really get me. I found it a little bit slow, a bit over-explained. I also saw all the twist coming from afar. Mostly it was very obviously. But after all it kept me reading and I felt well entertained. I liked the characters, even Mags and I liked the writing. So this is just me doing a little nagging on a good psychological thriller. I’ve read far worse books this year and I will keep my eyes open for a next book of this author. A special Thank You to NetGalley and Orion Publishing Group for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.