The Beautiful Dead - Belinda Bauer

The Beautiful Dead - Belinda Bauer
Again there is a murderer on the loose in London. One who needs the medial attention and sees his killings as art. Accidentally he feels connected to a young TV crime reporter, Eve. He contacts her and wants her to report about his “performances”. Eve is appalled but sees also the chance for her career. She needs the death as much as the killer. Who else has the chance to be informed where the next murder will happened and to be the first to report about it. So she makes a kind of deal with the killer. But of course he wants more from her than just her skills as a reporter. Then this story is just the old story about a psychopath chasing a young woman.

What confused me was that some character which appeared only once sometimes got a whole chapter with a backstory. Not all, but some. And I did not get why. They never showed up again. So why all those information about them? There were completely without contribution to the story.
Unfortunately there is nothing really new in this book. There are some strange situations, characters acting strange and there were also some inconsistencies. The killer stays a mystery. All characters lack some depth, even Eve. I found her quite annoying. But in spite of all the shortcomings it was a quick read. I liked the pace but it was nothing striking.

A special Thank You to Netgalley and Grove Atlantic for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review