Joanne Harris - Different Class

Different Class - Joanne Harris

Wow, this was an amazing book. I only read one book from Joanne Harris, “Gentlemen and Players” and I absolute loved it. So I was very excited to learn that she wrote another book about St. Oswalds. And this book is even better than the first one. I enjoyed every word of it.

The story is told by Roy Straithley, a Latin teacher, who spent his entire life teaching at St. Oswalds. He never forgets one of his boys. And now one of his boys is becoming Head of the school. Johnny Harrington was not one of Straithleys favorite boys. Just the opposite, he disliked him. And now he wants to modernize the school. But this is just one of the many things this book is about.

The other narrator is a more sinister one, I thought I knew who was it but I was totally wrong. The book is full of twists and turns and surprises. It is a long book, sometimes I thought too long but then I thought that I am so happy about this story which took its time and tells us everything in every very detail. What is better than a good book that lasts quite a while?

I absolute love books about schools and colleges. And I also like psychological thrillers. So this book was perfect for me. And I absolutely loved it. The story goes back and forth through time. Straithley is a lovely character, he holds on to old traditions and to his way of handling things in St. Oswalds. The mysterious narrator kept me on the edge of my seat with his menace.

I highly recommend this book to readers who like good books, psychological thrillers, good and long and well written stories. Just to everybody. Thank you, Mrs. Harris, for this book.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in return for an hones review